Re: [opensuse-project] oSConference: Theme & Program Planning
On 2011-04-18 jdd wrote:
Le 18/04/2011 09:53, Vincent Untz a écrit :
I had to go back and read Pascal's mail about RW³ and... I still
don't get it ;-) It's not a theme, it's a way to organize the
conference. However, I like the idea (stop making read-only
talks), really and it can really change the results from the
conference.

I wonder why my mail about barcamp didn't attract more. the barcamp
system seems to fit the needs. Of course not for the whole conf, only
as part of it (search google :-)

We had a big whiteboard at the entry last year where people could
schedule sessions ad-hoc. That's barcamp style, right? (I read the
wikipedia page [0] and it's not so different from unconference style or
BoFs) I very much like that way of working, however it didn't work out
that well. Well have to make it a bit more obvious this time.

The CfP committee has talked about this and barcamp style or bof style
or R/W or whatever you call it will be an essential part of our
conference for sure. Frankly, I wouldn't want it any other way and I
doubt anyone would :D

I'll send a mail soon to discuss these things in more detail.

jdd

< Previous Next >