[opensuse-project] Re: Balsam Professional & Balsam Enterprise
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 17:14:10 +0000 (UTC)

On 2011-04-28 05:48, Jim Henderson wrote:
On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 03:54:41 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Sure you can, you contact Novell (or SUSE, now) and ask for a second
evaluation.

Someone commented a similar case in one of the mail lists. He got no
answer. I don't mean he got "no", he got no answer.

I'm not aware of that situation; and I'm sure if the SUSE folks on this
ML had been aware of it, they might've been able to help.

But really, honestly, do you think 60 days (or 90 days, or 120 days, or
whatever the eval period is) is really too short to do a proper
evaluation? How long is a long enough eval period? A year? Two years?
At some point the line has to be drawn, and if someone needs more time,
they need to ask for it - and if they don't get an answer, then they need
to raise the issue with someone who can address it.

I spent many years working in IT, and not once did I ask for an eval and
not get an answer - but if I hadn't gotten an answer, I would have
escalated with the contacts I had at the company - not subscribed to a
mail list and said "nobody wants to help me do a proper eval".

Or you have someone else with your organization do the eval.

Not viable if you are not (yet?) an organization.

There are ways to extend your eval, that's my point. Even as an
individual, sure, it can be done.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson