Re: [opensuse-project] New questions for people of openSUSE
Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On 2011-04-25 Per wrote:
Kim Leyendecker wrote:
Am 25.04.2011 08:56, schrieb Per Jessen:
It's not really any of my business, but when I read "People of
openSUSE", I want to know about the people, not about what they do
in the project.
Well, I actually wanted to merge these questions with the current
question sheet.
Okay, that makes a lot more sense.

The problem with the current question sheet is that it is far too long. Having more than 5-6 questions simply makes it a tl;dr thing.

Moreover, the current questions don't invite an interesting answer. If you ask "what is your favorite color" chances are you get "blue". In other words, a completely boring and uninteresting answer. If you ask "what is the coolest thinkg you ever did in openSUSE" you get a _personal story_, which is obviously a lot more interesting.

Actually, I think you're likely to get equally boring answers to both of those questions. However, the open style of the latter is much better than the closed ditto of the former. I would just change the 2nd question to "what is the coolest thing you ever did?"

> I just suggest to resist the urge
to add too much, dilluting what's actually interesting. For everyone who loves to read 3 page long interviews with questions about pets and the color of your underwear, 99 people tune out.

Or vice versa.

/Per