Re: [opensuse-project] New questions for people of openSUSE
On 2011-04-25 Per wrote:
Kim Leyendecker wrote:
Am 25.04.2011 08:56, schrieb Per Jessen:
It's not really any of my business, but when I read "People of
openSUSE", I want to know about the people, not about what they do
in the project.

Well, I actually wanted to merge these questions with the current
question sheet.

Okay, that makes a lot more sense.

The problem with the current question sheet is that it is far too long.
Having more than 5-6 questions simply makes it a tl;dr thing.

Moreover, the current questions don't invite an interesting answer. If
you ask "what is your favorite color" chances are you get "blue". In
other words, a completely boring and uninteresting answer. If you ask
"what is the coolest thinkg you ever did in openSUSE" you get a
_personal story_, which is obviously a lot more interesting.

So I suggest to ONLY ask the questions in the wiki. They are complete,
ask for interesting stories and allow the person to add whatever they
want. You can always ask follow-up questions if you get too little
answers.

Minimalism (or rather 'focus') does not only improve user interfaces and
artwork but is also a virtue for writing ;-)

It's your work, Kim, so your choice. I just suggest to resist the urge
to add too much, dilluting what's actually interesting. For everyone who
loves to read 3 page long interviews with questions about pets and the
color of your underwear, 99 people tune out. Ignore the one (they can
read planet.suse.org as they seem to have enough time) and go for the 99
;-)

Cheers,
Jos
< Previous Next >