Re: [opensuse-project] Re: YaST in G3
Thanks Bryen, the question is just this. What I meant is that there
are more links to yast.
Anyway, I subscribe to another list and report. Thanks to all!

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 13:20, Bryen M. Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2011-04-24 at 16:04 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 03:27:10 -0300, Raul wrote:

Hello friends,

I would love to know how they're going to yast gnome3. G3 was incredible
in openSUSE, but we can not stay without yast.

That doesn't really make sense - YaST is used for system configuration,
not desktop configuration.  And YaST is there regardless of whether you
have GNOME2, GNOME3, KDE, LXDE, TWM, or any other desktop installed.

Jim

I don't think Raul meant he needed YaST in order to manage his desktop.
I think he meant he wanted toa ctually *use* YaST.  And I just confirmed
on my machine that I cannot launch it either while in GNOME3.   Neither
Yast, yast2 or yast2-gtk will launch.  Alt-F2 says command not found.

So its indeed a problem.   However, Raul, you are bringing this issue up
on the wrong mailing list.  :-)   You should bring it up on the
opensuse-gnome mailing list or file a bug.

Bryen

Raul Libório

http://rauhmaru.blogspot.com/
rauhmarutsªhotmailºcom
 openSUSE Member | Linux User #4444581

"There are only 10 types of people in the world -
Those who understand binary, and those who don't."