Re: [opensuse-project] Re: YaST in G3
On Sun, 2011-04-24 at 16:04 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 03:27:10 -0300, Raul wrote:

Hello friends,

I would love to know how they're going to yast gnome3. G3 was incredible
in openSUSE, but we can not stay without yast.

That doesn't really make sense - YaST is used for system configuration,
not desktop configuration. And YaST is there regardless of whether you
have GNOME2, GNOME3, KDE, LXDE, TWM, or any other desktop installed.

Jim

I don't think Raul meant he needed YaST in order to manage his desktop.
I think he meant he wanted toa ctually *use* YaST. And I just confirmed
on my machine that I cannot launch it either while in GNOME3. Neither
Yast, yast2 or yast2-gtk will launch. Alt-F2 says command not found.

So its indeed a problem. However, Raul, you are bringing this issue up
on the wrong mailing list. :-) You should bring it up on the
opensuse-gnome mailing list or file a bug.

Bryen