Re: [opensuse-project] Re: zypper slow
On Saturday, April 23, 2011 10:44:31 PM Chris Jones wrote:

Ok. So unless I've changed the repository to otherwise, it should be
sourcing directly from opensuse.org servers?

Yes, one has to change repository URL by hand in order to force zypper and
YaST to use metadata from mirror instead of http://download.opensuse.org .

What would happen when the same repository is added twice, once as
http://download.opensuse.org and another time as mirror, I don't know.

Any repository is defined by metadata, and in ideal case both, mirror and
download.opensuse.org should be the same, but if mirror did not pull latest
version they are not. How that reflects on what is installed I don't know.
Maybe some of zypper creators can shed some light on that.

--
Regards,
Rajko