[opensuse-project] Re: zypper slow
  • From: "Chris Jones" <chrisjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 13:42:30 +1000
Well I did try with the Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and with the same result, which
is what I expected. Because if it was a DNS issue for some reason, it
wouldn't be limited to zypper and openSUSE. As previously mentioned both yum
and apt work perfect and fast in both functioning and downloading of
packages.

I freshly installed openSUSE last night and updated. The actual launch and
function of zypper doesn't seem to be the issue. It definitely appears to be
the downloading of packages as the actual noted download speeds of each
package was VERY inconsistent. I suspect it's the mirror from where my
packages are sourced.
As I'm a relative newcomer to openSUSE, I have no idea how to check which
server it is using for the sourcing of the packages. I am located in
Queensland, Australia if it helps.

Cheers

--
PHOTO RESOLUTIONS - Photo - Graphic - Web

C and L Jones - Proprietors

ABN: 98 317 740 240
WWW: http://photoresolutions.freehostia.com
@: chrisjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or photoresolutions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Command lines and Linux terminals are my comfort zone!

OS: openSUSE 11.4
System: Linux 2.6.37.1-1.2 x86_64
Desktop: KDE 4.6.0

OS: Windows XP