Re: [opensuse-project] Balsam Professional & Balsam Enterprise
Am 22.04.2011 17:00, schrieb Rajko M.:
On Friday, April 22, 2011 09:22:52 AM Kim Leyendecker wrote:

Will we support Balsam? And from his point of view, we won´t because it
hurts Novell´s business.
It is the other reason, the only "product" that we support is openSUSE
distribution.

Professional product support is not giving advice and hoping that it will
work.

People that have their income at stake can't count on "maybe someone can help
me", they have to know who (name, address, phone number, email address) and
how fast can fix their problem (hours, days, weeks) and if that person can't
who can.

It is reality of business, you have customers that have to know when you are
able to provide service, or merchandise, and that reflects on your demands to
your service providers. You will not give money to car maker that can, deliver
you car tomorrow or sometime next year if they have some problems. You want
car now, or if it is special order, then day when it will be ready.

openSUSE volunteer system can't give such guarantees, nor any of the skilled
volunteers will ever take such task. The most skilled are those that make for
living providing such technical support, and activity in openSUSE is just for
fun.

thanks, so we don´t support Balsam, that´s the answer of my question. Well, this thread is solved and I think, we don´t need to talk about how Balsam harms Novell business, and can continue working on our projects.

kind regards

openSUSE Ambassador / openSUSE Wiki Team DE
HAVE A LOT OF FUN!
http://www.opensuse.org | http://www.suse.de
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.