Re: [opensuse-project] Balsam Professional & Balsam Enterprise
Hi Sebas!

On Apr 21, 11 12:56:57 +0200, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
As you might know, there was a contract between Novell and open-slx, in which
both companies had agreed that, among other things, open-slx would not start
an Enterprise version (very roughly put). This contract has been terminated
by
Novell recently, allowing open-slx to also announce an enterprise product.

Rough indeed. I believe, the contract was mostly beneficial to open-slx.
Otherwise, open-slx would have exercised its right to terminate much
earlier. No need to wait for Novell to take action.

It seems you were not informed about that, although I have to point out
that you could have read it in the press release.

From what I learned through the media, the contract may now expire (unless
renewed). The immediate announcement of an enterprise product was a
surprise to me.

cheers,
JW-

\ | 0911 74053-508 __/ (____/ /\