Re: [opensuse-project] iChain or iPain?
  • From: Stephen Shaw <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:40:29 -0600
<blah blah blah>
<snip>
<I hate when the email gets insanely long>
<blah blah blah>

< :) >

Just as a side note...  How many community people currently contribute
to the development/design of OBS?  I'd say with exception they are the
only ones in any real position to give advise here.

Hey, *precisely* my point :)

"Here is what we've done. No we won't discuss it nor change it.
Now contribute." -- you really think that has any chance of
working? I don't think so, personally :)

cheers
--
 -o) Pascal Bleser

I understand what you are saying and largely agree. It just seems
that most people like to talk a big game, but are very short on
code/contributions. Though speaking of contributions, most of the
ldap stuff was actually contributed by the community'. My assumption
is more that we just finally started using all of the community
contributions.

Personally, it would be cool to see the technically discussion from a
learning perspective. But, usually its just a linux/open
source/pride/etc holy religious crusade argument, ie, a linux
discussion :) Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting that we
shouldn't have open discussions. Granted, if I know that its only
going to turn into a flame fest I can understand not wanting to deal
with that and just announcing something.

Just some random thoughts.

Cheers,
Stephen