Re: [opensuse-project] oSConference: Theme & Program Planning
Am Montag 18 April 2011, 02:37:34 schrieb Helen South:
Hi,

I understand the desire to continue a successful theme, however,
'Collaboration across borders II' sounds stale to me. It's like we
couldn't think of anything better and so are repeating last year's
conference. The fact that the intention is to create some very
different and hands-on experiences with lots of fresh new material is
not communicated by the title. As a writer, I find it completely
boring and am finding it impossible to muster any interest in it at
all.
Thanks Helen. Thats exactly what I also think.

In contrast, the 'RW^3" idea immediately fired my imagination. I'm
not sure why this funky, geeky idea was discarded. I'd be more than
happy to look at alternatives, but 'Collaboration Across Borders II"
is completely boring to me.
That is sooo true. While RW³ turns people interested and make people
reading on, the reaction on "CAB II" is problably "Ok, thanks, they
play the song again as it was a nice dance.".

I'd suggest themes connected with core,
heart, center, engines, to connect with the idea of focusing on core
essentials. Alternatively, mateship - partners, friends,
student/teacher, neighbors, coffee klatch, code klatch,
(kode.klasse.klatsch) open house, , - something people-focused.
Yes, and that is of course still about collaboration. Maybe we can
transport something like this: "The collaboration opportunities we
were identifying and creating last year we use to achieve great
things together now, see what cool things we can do together in openSUSE."

Not sure... ;-)

Klaas