Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Come and help!
On Fri, 15 Apr 2011, Per Jessen wrote:
Well, I disagree - you seem to want to discount the opinion of those
50,000 users, though, which is why I think you think that it's
tangential. The users *are* important, and their preferences are
important.
IMHO, users who refuse to listen to sound advice are *not* important.
Those are the ones we are discussing, not the thousands of other who
are happy with the help they receive.

I don't think this is a productive conversation at this point. You
have your perspective, and Jim has his based on decades of experience
and tens of thousands of forum users.

In the end, what matters in an Open Source project is what volunteers
(or companies) offer in terms of contributions. We clearly have a nice
number of volunteers who support the forums, and asking for support of
the forums on this list is perfectly valid, too.

Beyond that, just agree to disagree on this one?

Gerald
--
Dr. Gerald Pfeifer <gp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Director Product Management, SUSE Linux Enterprise, openSUSE, Appliances