Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Re: Come and help!
On 17/04/11 02:54, Rajko M. wrote:
On Saturday, April 16, 2011 04:56:02 PM Richard (MQ) wrote:
On 16/04/11 09:46, jdd wrote:
use nntp (newsgroups)

getting a bit OT - but can anyone advise how to set up TB to access
forums.opensuse.org via NNTP? Trying to add this as a URL using "manage
subscriptions" just gives me "forums.opensuse.org is not a valid feed",
much the same if I prefix it with nntp://

Account Settings
At the bottom of the list of current accounts, you will find drop down list
"Account Actions", use Add Other Account.
It opens Account Wizard where you choose Newsgroup account.

Fill in Your Name and Email Address.
If you already have forums login use<your_login>@no-mx.opensuse.org so that
forum software doesn't present you as a guest.

<next>
Newsgroup Server: forums.opensuse.org
<next>
Account Name:<give_some_name> or use default "forums.opensuse.org"
<next>
Congratulations! Verify information and next will create account.
Dismiss "Account Settings" and go to Thunderbird and add newsgroups in "Manage
newsgroups subscriptions".

Many thanks - that worked perfectly (except in that there are huge numbers of posts to look at - I will probably start by marking everything older than today as read)...

Strange that it was so well hidden - I though I knew TB well ;-)
--
Cheers
Richard (MQ)