Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Come and help!
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 20:49:48 +0200
Jim Henderson wrote:

If there's a lower barrier to entry to get help somewhere else,
then that's where they'll go.

Of course, that's how it should be. However, we are (well I am)
specifically talking about the situation where there is no lower
barrier.

I think 50,000 forum users would disagree about the barrier to entry
for getting help in the forums being lower than the mailing lists.
;)

Yeah well, you're off on the wrong tangent again.

Well, I disagree - you seem to want to discount the opinion of those
50,000 users, though, which is why I think you think that it's
tangential. The users *are* important, and their preferences are
important.

IMHO, users who refuse to listen to sound advice are *not* important.
Those are the ones we are discussing, not the thousands of other who
are happy with the help they receive.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.9°C)