Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Come and help!
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 20:14:34 +0200
Jim Henderson wrote:

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 19:28:59 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

Then they clearly *don't* want help.

If I want help, but I flatly refuse to use the communication means by
which help is available, I don't really need it.

They do, but they want *convenient* help.

IMO, that is incredibly arrogant. I would like help to be provided in
my native language, but when that's not available, I accept that I have
to use a foreign language to get help. I don't see why the forum users
cannot work like that too.

If there's a lower barrier to entry to get help somewhere else, then
that's where they'll go.

Of course, that's how it should be. However, we are (well I am)
specifically talking about the situation where there is no lower
barrier.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (10.2°C)