Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Come and help!
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 13:42:31 -0400
On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greg Freemyer wrote:

I occasionally use forums.  They work well for the one off question
about something you don't want to "dive" into.

For instance I had to work on my fridge a year or so ago.  I went to a
forum.  Asked one question, had an answer the next day and went on
with my life.

What would you have done if the answer had been "sorry, you'll have to
call the service line for that"?

Likely called, but if the answer was join a mailing list, I would have
likely looked for another source of info. (The forum was a generic
appliance forum, not manufacturer sponsored.)

Joining a mailing list for a few days is nothing but a pain. I know
its not that hard, but it takes a bunch of small user interactions to
go through all the steps of subscribe, filter, post, respond to
thread, unsubscribe, kill no longer needed filter.

Greg