Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Come and help!
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 19:36:09 +0200
Greg Freemyer wrote:

I occasionally use forums. They work well for the one off question
about something you don't want to "dive" into.

For instance I had to work on my fridge a year or so ago. I went to a
forum. Asked one question, had an answer the next day and went on
with my life.

What would you have done if the answer had been "sorry, you'll have to
call the service line for that"?

So for me as a user, I use forums for things I really don't want to
track. I use email lists for things nearer and dearer to me.

I use forums when I have to, otherwise mailing lists, newsgroups, the
telephone and whereever else I can get help. I don't insist on helpers
using my preferred means of communication.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.4°C)