Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Come and help!
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 19:28:59 +0200
Jim Henderson wrote:

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 18:04:34 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

Jim Henderson wrote:

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:31:51 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

I think it's entirely appropriate to redirect someone when better
help
is available elsewhere. That it happens to be to another openSUSE
forum or list, that's life, we chose it that way.

You choose to use e-mail lists, Per, and that's fine - others in
overwhelming numbers use the forums: We currently have 56769
registered users there.

This isn't about the medium, Jim - it's about where the best help can
be
found. When someone advises me that I'd get a better answer
elsewhere, it's my problem if I choose to ignore that advice.

But it *is* about the medium, Per. If the users aren't comfortable
with or don't like the medium where help is provided, they'll avoid it
like the plague. You might give the best possible help on all aspects
of openSUSE, but if you make the users jump through hoops that *they*
feel are unnecessary, they simply *will not do it*.

Then they clearly *don't* want help.

If I want help, but I flatly refuse to use the communication means by
which help is available, I don't really need it.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.3°C)