[opensuse-project] Re: Come and help!
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:49:26 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 11:38:04 -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:

For instance I had to work on my fridge a year or so ago. I went to a
forum. Asked one question, had an answer the next day and went on with
my life.

It's much more of a hassle to of:
subscribed to a appliance repair mailing list, posted my question,
received dozens or hundreds of emails I didn't care about, deleted
all those emails I didn't want in the first place received my answer,
stay subscribed in case it turns into a thread unsubscribed

I for one would call those dozens of emails spam.

So for me as a user, I use forums for things I really don't want to
track. I use email lists for things nearer and dearer to me.

Thanks, Greg - that describes much more succinctly what I was attempting
to say to Per in my last e-mail. Most of our users aren't active users,
but have one or two questions they need to ask so they can get on with
life. :)

The user experience is what is key here.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson