Re: [opensuse-project] Come and help!
On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 14:13 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2011-04-15 09:08, Per Jessen wrote:
It seems quite reasonable to suggest to a forum-user
that 'you better ask that question' over on 'list77' (which has the
right people listening).
No, they will not do it. We do suggest the idea, but it appears they don't
know what it is. And if they do, they consider it archaic and full of spam
- - which is true, your email is bombarded as a result. I have a dedicated
email for lists for that reason.

This is absurd and really reduces the usability of e-mail. I have had
one e-mail address for two decades and change; I use it on lists and
everywhere else. I do not get bombarded with SPAM. Use a real e-mail
server [1] / provider [2] and client; the amount of SPAM I receive is
trivial.

[1] Postfix with SPAMAssassin milter and SPAMHause RBL is quite
effective.
[2] fastmail.fm, mail.opera.com, etc... Both of whose support, and use,
an Open Source platform.