Re: [opensuse-project] Come and help!
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 11:54:49PM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2011-04-14 18:43, Greg KH wrote:
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 11:56:49AM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I just read the whole Tumbleweed sub-forum, I don't see a lot of "crying
for help" there. Is it happening in some other location that I should
be paying attention to?

Most popped up in the applications or the install-boot-login forums. Many
users just thought that Tumbleweed was another more repo, like packman. I
had to tell many of them that T. was experimental, that it is in fact
another version of the distro, like factory, and that they were to pop
their questions in the factory mail list. I aimed to defuse their enthusiasm.

Tumbleweed is not "experimental", it's just has the potential to be a
bit more unstable than the normal 11.4 repo, but much more stable than
FACTORY is.

There is one that wants to use Tumbleweeb and gnome 3 at the same time.

That's insane, and should not be done yet at all.

The tumbleweed forum is new, and the tide has steadied.

That's good, thanks for your help.

greg k-h