Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Come and help!
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 12:06:08PM -0500, Malcolm wrote:
On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 09:43 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 11:56:49AM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Hi,

The fact is, there are more people in the openSUSE Forums than there are
here in the mail lists. Specially new users.

And the sad fact is, that many devs, packagers, maintainers, shun the
forums as a place of devils or who knows what - and by doing so, they are
missing a huge user and test base.

For example, Tumbleweed.

Many people are activating Tumbleweed, coming to grief, and subsequently
crying for help in the forums - not here.

I just read the whole Tumbleweed sub-forum, I don't see a lot of "crying
for help" there. Is it happening in some other location that I should
be paying attention to?

thanks,

greg k-h
Hi
Thanks for popping in to the forum, it's much appreciated :)

There are a few elsewhere (we were a bit slow with a tumbleweed sub
forum).

Have a look here using tumbleweed as the search string;
http://search.opensuse.org/forums/

I did that, and responded to pretty much the only semi-coherent
Tumbleweed statement/thread that I could find that was recent :)

I'll keep an eye out for others as well, and if you notice something
that I missed, please point it out to me and I will be glad to reply to
it.

thanks,

greg k-h