[opensuse-project] Re: Come and help!
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 17:12:39 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:30:41 +0200, Pavol Rusnak wrote:

We need more "proxy" people like you that are using both mailing lists
and IRC (where most of the devs are) and forums (where most of the users
are). The problem is not in the web interface, but in signal-to-noise
ratio and using NNTP will not solve this problem.

There are several of us who do participate in both venues, but it seems
that we need better communications about when things are going to be
ready.

For example, I saw the GNOME3 stable repo show up and assumed (and now I
know better than to do that) that because it was part of STABLE: that it
was - you know - stable. ;)

Maybe what we need to do is have some forewarning (even on this ML) when
a repo is being created that it's not ready, and an announcement here
that it is ready when it is. ie, a formal notification process that we
all can use so we know and aren't going on what seems (at the time) like
common sense.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson