[opensuse-project] Re: organization of conference
On 2011-04-05 Jos wrote:
Hi,

Afaik the latest news on the next openSUSE conference is that AJ and
Prusnak are looking for a decent location in resp. Nuremberg and
Prague. They will come up with one or more proposals and the people
who have stepped up for organizing will discuss and decide. Those
people include afaik Klaas Saturday, ALan Clark, Bryen Yunashko,
Izabel Valverde, Peter Linnel. AJ and Prusnak and some ppl from the
SUSE Labs conference and myself. If you want to help out, add
yourself to
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Conference_Planning_2011

I'm sure Prusnak and AJ would appreciate help, esp if you like in
Nuremberg or Prague!

Izabel just started on a sponsorship brochure, but we need a final
location to be able to send that out - prusnak, aj, do your thing ;-)

I volunteered to help out with marketing (as part of the marketing
team) and the program committee.

As per Henne's request, let's have any further discussions about the
conference here, on this list, until it bothers people and they tell
us to get our own room/mailinglist ;-)

Cheers,
Jos

Ok, seeing the responses here, looks like people loved the topic from
the last conference but like a (small) change. The suggestion to use
"Collaboration Across Borders II" doesn't introduce complicated words
but differentiates it from the conference in 2010. I'd say let's go with
that.

Looks like it is time to start up the Program Committee. 4 people
(including myself) have stepped up. Anyone else who thinks he/she should
be on there? I would personally appreciate one or two more technical
people to step up (besides Pascal).

Cheers,
Jos