Re: [opensuse-project] AN OPEN PROPOSAL ON openSUSE VERSION NUMBERING
On Monday, April 11, 2011 11:32:35 AM Kim Leyendecker wrote:
Well, this can you have with *SUSE Studio*. Just download the latest
packages, create your own repository or load the rpms on a archive up
and tick them for being used for your appliance. Then you create a live
CD/DVD and go to your friend and install it there.

I donĀ“t see any problem in this

I see the problem.

I make appliance, you make another and hundred other people make their, all
the same or with minor changes.

That is 100 times more space and build load to SUSE Studio, then it would be
with one time creation of subrelease and publishing it in OBS for everyone.

Not to mention support nightmare where helpers would have to guess what is
installed. Although, even now we have problems with unknown system state and
no system to solve them.

--
Regards,
Rajko