Re: [opensuse-project] AN OPEN PROPOSAL ON openSUSE VERSION NUMBERING
  • From: Manu Gupta <manugupt1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 21:53:33 +0530
I am with AlbertoP on this one, we do not have enough people to get
this worked out.

Regards
Manu

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Alberto Passalacqua
<albert.passalacqua@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

the proposal does not look feasible to me at all. The multiplication
of effort required to do what you propose is huge, and the advantages
are nothing more than a "service pack", which users can get by simply
installing online updates, which seems more rational to me.

The eight month release cycle was decide some time ago to *reduce* the
workload and to improve the quality of the release. I think it is
working in this direction, as a consequence I don't believe that
adding intermediate releases will improve the global quality of the
release.

Best,
Alberto