Re: [opensuse-project] Fwd: [GSoC Proposal] spec-cleaner
  • From: kunal ghosh <kunal.t2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 15:59:44 +0530
Hi Vincent,
thanks for the reply. I have submitted my proposal here
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/kunalghosh/1
can you please comment on the same.

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le lundi 04 avril 2011, à 22:25 +0530, kunal ghosh a écrit :
Hi Pavol,

The proposal seems nice, but I am unsure about using XML to define your
recipes. Especially because spec-cleaner is not only about macro
replacements as your XML example suggests. I am not against using XML

I could not find much about the ultimate goal of spec-cleaner. I am
under an impression that
spec-cleaner aims to check for the validity of spec files given some
criteria.

The end goal is to take a valid spec file and rework it so that:

 - it's still valid
 - produce the same result when built
 - remove deprecated commands
 - looks "cleaner" (that's subjective, obviously)

Cheers,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.