Re: [opensuse-project] oSConference: Theme & Program Planning
  • From: Helen South <helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 10:23:51 +1000
Theme:
What should be the theme of this year's conference?  In yesterday's
Project meeting on IRC it was expressed that we've already succeeded in
using the collaboration theme and we should look beyond that for this
coming event.

Bryen M Yunashko

Perhaps it would be useful to return to an openSUSE-Centric theme and
look at ways to strengthen openSUSE itself - find our unique qualities
and tools and build on them. Also to identify weaknesses and target
those. And looking at fundamentals of user experience, stability,
security, integration, QA. Sometimes this stuff isn't as cool and
funky as playing with new technologies, but like in good health, you
can't neglect your basic diet and exercise!

We've been making a lot of noise about our fantastic toolsets like OBS
and projects like BRETZN which give a lot back to the community, and I
"more than a distribution" is a catchphrase we have been using lately.
It's good stuff..... But also at the heart of everything is a
beautiful desktop distribution. I suggest a theme something like "I <3
openSUSE", with the focus on keeping the heart of openSUSE strong.

--
IRC: helen_au
helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx