Re: [opensuse-project] GSoC 2011: Bug reporting tool.
  • From: Mihnea Dobrescu-Balaur <mihneadb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 19:08:33 +0300
On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2011-03-22 Mihnea wrote:
Hello,

I'm applying at this year's GSoC to work on the bug reporting tool
[0]. I've made my list of features to implement but, before I
finalized my proposal, I thought it would be a good idea to ask you,
guys:

Is there's any particular feature that you wish to find in the
openSUSE bug reporting tool?

Thank you!

Mihnea Dobrescu-Balaur

[0] http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:GSOC_2011_Ideas#Bug_reporting_too
l_for_openSUSE
it is a bit late, but check out the KDE bug report tool. It does pretty
much what you want - collect crash report and all relevant system
information, ask a few questions, look for duplicates automatically (!),
let the user view the duplicates and mark his report as possible or sure
duplicate (in the sure duplicate case the tool adds the new report as a
comment to the current one!) and finally show all info to be send in and
execute the sending. As KDE uses bugzilla too, it'd be easy to adapt the
tool for openSUSE. But this is only crash reporting, not sure if there
is code you could re-use if you want to report more 'generic' bugs...

Yes, I have looked at it a while ago. :)
Thanks for the tip, though!

Mihnea