Re: [opensuse-project] future features
Am 04.04.2011 20:37, schrieb jdd:
Of course, why keep 10 nearly identical apps, specially if they don't work? some are not even maintained upstream, but we have a packager that uses time packaging them... and now trying to fix the problems (many thanks to him!).
This make no sense at all, right. Keeping 10 identical apps, that don´t work at all, isn´t the right way. :(

wouldn't it not be better to study the apps, take one, probably the one better maintained, ask upstream if they need help (many apps have only a handfull developpers!) and drop all the others?
Of course, this is the right way. But the whole thing is: Shall we support one big, all-in-one solution, or a more unix-philosophy-alike collection of programmes that all works fine? This is a big adventure for every packager, if you ask me....

I'm pretty sure there are other parts of the distro with same problem.
Hm, I don´t know ones, but I think you´re right

thanks

openSUSE Ambassador / openSUSE Wiki Team DE
http://www.opensuse.org
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.