[opensuse-project] future features
Hi all,

I've received a few requests already from ppl asking "what will the next
openSUSE release bring". Now I know a few things being worked on, from
Webpin2 to the bretzn/appstream stuff. And of course the obvious "latest
software packages". But I guess there are other ideas people would like
to work on, right?

Now I know, it's not done to advertise things when you don't know if
they will be finished. But we're not a company, and if 5 of the 20
projects we say we're working on doesn't make it for the next release,
well, that's not so strange. Not advertising anything because "we might
not get it done" is bad for us - we're already seen as not-innovative
and that's becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. Nobody, after all, will
join openSUSE development if it is seen as boring. So it will BE boring
just because of that.

We've done pretty OK with our 11.4 release in terms of features, so now
people want to know more. Let's try and give them that.

If you plan to work on something cool, say it. Don't keep hiding under
that bloody rock just because you might not have time or because you
think it's not important! Please give us marketing peeps something to
talk about, so openSUSE will be seen as cool again and you'll see- self
fulfilling prophecies can work FOR you too ;-)

grtz

/me who is annoyed that every ubuntu beta fart without any noteworthy
feature still gets a dedicated article on his favorite dutch IT news
site while a final openSUSE release doesn't get the slightest mention :(
< Previous Next >