[opensuse-project] OBS for Android - GSOC Prospective student
  • From: Varun Thacker <varunthacker1989@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 23:47:55 +0530
Hi,

I'm Varun Thacker , a Computer Science student from Manipal Institute
of Technology , India. I was going through the openSUSE GSOC 2011
ideas page and found the OBS for Android App interesting.

OBS is a great tool and i love working on mobile applications . A
android specific improvement would be to optimize it for tablets.

I installed the OBS app on my Android phone and found one bug- I
noticed that when you click on the login button(I changed orientation
to type in landscape mode )- a white screen appeared and I had to
press back to click Login again. I had faced a similar problem and
this did the trick - In the AndroidManifest file in the adding
android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden" did the trick.

I am a active member of our college's Linux Users Group
(http://lugmanipal[DOT]org/) and have actively participated in FOSS
activities in India, attending Pycon India 2009 and FOSS.IN in 2010.
In December 2010 I helped an Indian Institute of Technology , Delhi
professor in coding for his research paper on the Quadratic Assignment
problem. This march I took part in Startup Weekend Bangalore
(http://bangalore.startupweekend[DOT]org/) . By the end of the weekend
this is what our team made - http://www.makemytripfast[DOT]in/ .

--

Regards,