Re: [opensuse-project] Interviews with openSUSE people
n Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Manu Gupta <manugupt1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Kim Leyendecker
<kimleyendecker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 27.03.2011 03:21, schrieb Stephan Kleine:

How about you resurect "poeple of openSUSE" instead?

What do you understand when you say "resurect"? Shall I use the same
questions, or just mail the creators of "people of openSUSE" and let they to
the work?

Resurrect the people of openSUSE would mean you will have to take the
lead. You can use whatever set of questions you want also I can help a
bit ( not a lot sorry). But if you lead it I am ready to follow your
suit.

I'm coming in a bit late to this discussion, so apologies if I've
missed things.

I think new interviews could well be part of 'people of openSUSE' but
the series can quite reasonably evolve and change, why not? However I
guess a series should be regular, so without a definite plan and
organization, perhaps it would be better to just go ahead and publish
it as a stand-alone article.

That's one of the beauties of the free-form style of blog that we
mostly have, you aren't locked into schedules and formats, and I think
for the most part readers don't mind too much, if something catches
their eye they will read it.

I've been writing some questions for someone who agreed to be an
interview victim too.

As Manu mentioned in another post, it would be good to design
questions for our interviewees - not just give them a cookie-cutter
list. It can be helpful to do the interview in sections, sending a
couple of starter questions, then following up with further questions

We want real insights into how people tick, why they do what they do,
what they think about things. Some fun questions are fine too of
course, but only as dessert, not the main course. So, when you
interview someone, do a little research on them and find out where
they are coming from, what their interests are, so you can dig a
little deeper. I know I've read some really insightful interviews that
you guys have done with various people so I think you know what to do,
so trust yourself and don't feel you have to follow someone else's
questions.

well that's my 2c worth. Well about 1.7 cents with the current exchange rate.

cheers

Helen

--
IRC: helen_au