[opensuse-project] GSoC "beautiful one-click install"
  • From: Radim Hopp <radim.hopp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 02:22:00 +0200
Hello,
I'm 4th grade student at Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University,
Brno, Czech Republic.
I have some skills in C++(Qt/KDE), java(SE, EE) and PHP development.
I've already developed a Qt app (or better to say rafactorized,
edited, rewrited, ...) kiosktool as part of my bachelor thesis (Kiosk
framework in KDE4). During the work on bachelor thesis i've met a lot
of technologies - KDE, Qt, D-Bus and so on and I want to continue with
exploring the world of linux, KDE, openSUSE, etc and GSoC is the ideal
opportunity for me. Especially in cooperation with SUSE as openSUSE is
my one and only distro for few years.
I want now to participate in its development... I want to do
something, that others will be using (same motivation as i have
choosen the bachelor thesis with cooperation with Red Hat).
I think, that the "Beautiful one-click-install" has ideal ratio
"knowledge I have"/"knowledge i want to have" and it would be a great
opportunity to fit into open-source community.
The next step is writing an application to GSoC (ASAP), where some
help would be appreciated. As I have mentioned before, I have some
minor skill in Qt development. Now I have to read something more about
packaging systems, zypper (libzypper), package kit, etc.
The mockup shown in openFATE (https://features.opensuse.org/309503) is
a great pice of work and I'd love to realize it.
Thanks for all responses.
Radim Hopp
irc: Rax101
jabber: rax@xxxxxxxxx