Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Release versioning - Poll on last three options
  • From: Gerald Pfeifer <gp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 23:37:06 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Isn't the poll and the interpretation of the results flawed?

I think the second poll is a bit, hmm, tricky. In my mind there is
primarily a question of "stay" or "change", where there are two
change" options which may cancel out each other in favor of "stay".

Me, for example, I'd happily take B or C, as long as it's not A,
and the scheme does not allow for that.

I think the old model, and just counting to 3 simply does not make
_any_ sense. It pretends something with is not there (a major/
minor release series) and losing the SLE connection even becomes
more meaningless than it is today.

Gerald