Re: [opensuse-project] GSOC: first step as a mentor?
On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 03:08:36PM -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
All,

I put myself down as a potential mentor for one of the opensuse GSOC ideas.

I had a student reach out to me.  What are the first steps I need to do?

You need to sign up to be a mentor and have that approved.

note: Per a earlier note, I tried to go to

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/mentor/request/google/gsoc2011/opensuse

and register myself as a mentor, but that page doesn't seem to exist.

Google is rearanging the site right now, I don't know if it's still
possible to sign up to be a mentor if the site is working, but go to the
main page and work down from there and you should be fine.

thanks,

greg k-h

Thanks Greg,

I didn't see a way to drill down into a mentor registration form
there, so I just updated our wiki for now:

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:GSOC_2011_Ideas#Create_a_testsuite_for_btrfs_features

I assume the student and the students proposal have to be accepted by
Google before this is real.

Thanks
Greg