[opensuse-project] GSoC 2011
Hello openSUSE community,

I've finally managed to find the problem I've been having with the
list denying my messages. Gmail had my default settings set to rich
formatting (HTML messages) which triggered the automated deny...

So let me introduce myself. My name is Bojan Ilievski, and I am a
student in fourth year on the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and
Information Technologies - Informatics and Computer Engineering, in
Skopje, Macedonia. I have used openSUSE for a while now, starting with
SUSE 6 or 7, long time ago, in my faculty labs, and later openSUSE 10,
11.0, 11.2 (home - Desktop PC), now I think I will update to openSUSE
11.4 soon, and I would like to join the community.

I'm interested in programming, especially mobile application
programming, and currently I'm attending a course in J2ME MIDP, and
Android, and I would like to continue working in that field. Up until
now, I've had experience in bash script programming, even device
driver programming (beginner level). I am also a recent full time
GNU/Linux user with some administrative knowledge. On the other side,
I have published only one Android application on github
(http://github.com/Drakuwa/aBusTripMK) under GPLv3, but, it is in
Macedonian, and I soon plan to translate it in English. I could
publish a couple more applications, but currently I am studying for
exams.

I think GSoC is a great opportunity for students like me, to learn and
earn :)) Well, I have to be honest, I need the money, because our
financial situation is quite bad, and I could use the money to pay for
master studies. I have seen the ideas you proposed, and I think
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:GSOC_2011_Ideas#Cross_Platform_Bug_Tracker_Client
is the one I would like to work on, especially the Android part. I
could do some work on the application interface, and, I don't know,
you name it. Why me? Well, first of all, I like to learn new things, I
like to work hard, and I do not give up easily.

I hope you will consider me, even though I'm with beginner, maybe at
some point to intermediate knowledge in the field, but that's the
required skill for the idea, and I really would like to get better.
Could you please tell me what should I do next, and please ask for any
other information you require.

Thank you in advance,
Bojan Ilievski