On Fri, 11 Mar 2011, James Mason wrote:
Number it however... personally I'd like to see some (better) relation
maintained between the openSUSE version numbers and the SLE version
numbers - so maybe better coordination with the SLE PMs would be in
order.

There definitely is not any objection from the SUSE Linux Enterprise
side for openSUSE to align its version numbers, but this really means
that openSUSE would need to adjust to whatever happens on that front
in terms of roadmap, even if it ends up changing.

From my perspective this is not really desirable for openSUSE, but I
will be happy to ensure necessary information is relayed and updated
should this be the desired course of action.

Gerald
--
Dr. Gerald Pfeifer <gp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Director Product Management, SUSE Linux Enterprise, openSUSE, Appliances