Re: [opensuse-project] Proposed changes to EULA for next release
On Wednesday, March 23, 2011 19:07:27 pistazienfresser (see profile) wrote:
Am 23/03/11 15:32, schrieb jdd:
Le 23/03/2011 14:28, Andreas Jaeger a écrit :
I like the changes, so if nobody sees any problems with them, I'll go
ahead and change the EULA.

I have attached a LibreOffice document with the proposal,

* I can't display it with the correct character encoding

Me nether (in OO.o on 11.3 - maybe it is better with LibreO on 11.4 ?)

* A large part is taken by openSUSE being under Utah/US laws and
limitations. I beg this is linked to Novell being american, when most
devs are from germany. I beg we can't avoid this...

jdd

Maybe someone could ask my colleges (in Utah? from Novell?) if and in
what rate/in what amount they have considered the interests of the SUSE
GmbH and each of the the German/European programmers beside the
interests of the Novell Inc.?

The document wasdiscussed on this list a couple of years ago, you can read
some background about it at:
http://zonker.opensuse.org/2008/11/26/opensuse-sports-a-new-license-ding-dong-
the-eulas-dead/

We really tried to use a generic, easy to understand document that is as open
as the software we distribute ;). If you have specific concerns, please raise
them.

I heard no objection to the changes I proposed - so let's move forward with
them, while we can continue discussing specific concerns for those areas that
are in the document for more than 2 years now,

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany