[opensuse-project] GSOC Idea - OpenID provider for Elgg
  • From: Kartik Mandaville <kar2905@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 21:58:08 +0530
Hey,
I saw the Elgg idea at the ideas list and am interested in working on
it as part of GSOC. In this regard, I have talked to Michal.
The idea is to create a OpenID provider plugin for Elgg. There is a
plugin for this but it no longer works.  I would love to hear your
comments.

There was a Open ID server ( provider) plugi developed by Kevin but in
the ticket [1] it says "Won't Fix".
In [2], Dhrup2000 says there is a Open ID server pluign but untested.
I tried to search but couldn't find the actual plugin.
Kevin wrote the Open ID client plugin after he was funded and in [3]
he says that he would improve the Open ID server plugin once he gets
funding to improve the plugin

Short Inro:
I am a third year undergrad at MIT, Manipal studying BE CSE. I have a
great experience in the web having used Twitter, Facebook API's and
developed facebook apps which reach out to more than a million people.
AutoBudder, StockAdda.
Also, have made a couple of OSS using PHP. (https://github.com/kar2905)
Regards,
Kartik Mandaville
Founder, AutoBudder
MIT, Manipal | Tech Lead - Let Me Know
Ph No. : +91 9008420482 ( Manipal ) ( Current )
             +91 9650130969 ( Delhi )
http://www.mkartik.com
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Do you forget to wish your friends ?? Use AutoBudder on FB

[1] http://trac.elgg.org/ticket/1737
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/elgg-development/browse_thread/thread/a6520a4b1cf470be?pli=1
[3] http://community.elgg.org/pg/forum/topic/433533/what-happened-to-the-openid-plugin/