Re: [opensuse-project] UI font in KDE live too small - packaging policy related?
On Sunday 13 Mar 2011 08:39:49 cheer_xiao wrote:
I have long known that openSUSE is the powerhouse of KDE development,
and as a KDE fan and former user(I use xfce over Arch now), I have
been following KDE as well as openSUSE. Several hours ago I tried
openSUSE 11.4 KDE live, and noticed that the UI font is too small
therefore tiring to read. I went to KDE control center and found out
the UI font size is 9pt. Most desktop distros nowadays - as well as
openSUSE GNOME live - have a default font size of 10pt to 12pt; as far
as I can tell, it won't hurt if openSUSE KDE live adopt this. One
explanation I can come up with is that, that is the default
configuration of vanilla KDE and openSUSE follows such a packaging
policy that tweaks to KDE configuration is prohibited. Is that the
case? If so I would consider reporting this to upstream KDE.

9 point is the upstream default (and I believe inspired by Apple's choice of
font sizes), so discuss it with upstream KDE. Personally I find it too small
as well.

Will

--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Team