Re: [opensuse-project] First Survey on openSUSE Version naming is open now
  • From: Alberto Passalacqua <albert.passalacqua@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 04:08:23 -0500
2011/3/21 jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>:
Le 21/03/2011 09:35, Alberto Passalacqua a écrit :

I know many do not like the connection with SLE, but honestly I see it
as an advantage more than as a problem.

I have no problem with this, but we have no action on the SLES/SLED
commercial naming, and it was saifd here that there is now no
connection betwenn openSUSE and SLES/SLED (naming wise)

There is no need to have action on SLE releases at all to implement
the numbering I suggested. It has been done for years with the x.1
releases, and the calendar of SLE releases and openSUSE releases is
well known in advance to the developers.

Best,
A.