Re: [opensuse-project] First Survey on openSUSE Version naming is open now
Op 21-03-11 01:54, Helen South schreef:
If we are going to make an extended security updates for a past release
(i.e.11.1 Evergreen) and make a downloadable iso we should add something like
this: YY.MM.xTmm . (i.e. 11.1.xTviii) Where "xT" would mean "extended support"
and romanized lower case ( August=viii) would be the month the extended
security updates will end. We would have all important information available
at the sight.

Best,
--
Ricardo Chung | openSUSE Linux Ambassador
Panama

You could maybe use 12.09x with an x indicated extended support and
the user could easily find the end date if they need to know it.

Helen

I agree to that, using different kind of symbols always looks messy anyhow.

--

Enjoy your time around,

Oddball (M9.) (Now or never...)

OS: Linux 2.6.37.1-1.2-desktop x86_64