Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Selected for GSoC 2011
2011/3/18 Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Le vendredi 18 mars 2011, à 19:05 +0000, Manu Gupta a écrit :
Hi All

I am too excited and am righting in a lot of joy. Congrats to all
openSUSE is selected for GSoC more to come later :D let me enjoy now

Heh, it's hard to be faster than you ;-) Thanks to everyone who helped
with the application!

I've completed the openSUSE registration for GSoC and it's all looking
good.

If people want to be a mentor for openSUSE, please apply at:
 http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/mentor/request/google/gsoc2011/opensuse

It's not too late to add project ideas:
 http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:GSOC_2011_Ideas

We can add tags to help students find our project. Right now, the list
of tags is the following: appliances, appstream, buildservice, c,
distribution, elgg, obs, opensuse, python, rails, rpm, ruby, yast, zypp.
If you can think of anything else that should be added as a tag, please
send me a private mail.

FWIW, I've currently put 20 as our desired number of slots. That's a
number we can change later on; we'll adjust it depending on various
factors, including the number of mentors we'll have :-)

I will now make an article about it with all that information, in
OSArena (http://osarena.net/) a very popular Greek Free Software
web-magazine.
Manu kindly asked me to find Mentors so I spend last night talking to
people about it( before I got drunk :-p )
It all seems that I found at least one mentor from Greece, will see in
the near future about it.

Cheers,

Vincent

--