Re: [opensuse-project] Proposal for adapting the trademark guidelines
On Monday 07 March 2011 22:06:25 Juergen Weigert wrote:
On Mar 07, 11 21:05:31 +0100, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
On Friday 04 March 2011 11:19:38 Jean Cayron wrote:
=== Publications ===

If you want to include all or part of an openSUSE Mark in the title or
subtitle of a publication such as a book or magazine, you should seek
our permission (see "Contact Information" below to request
permission). =====

I'd suggest to say 'name' instead of 'title' here. Maybe that makes it
clearer. Giving examples 'such as a book or magazin' is very helpful to
learn what is included. Why not also give an example of what is not
included. Something like this: 'You can use the openSUSE Mark in e.g. a
title of review inside a magazine'

The general idea we should convey is this:

If a publication clearly talks about openSUSE in third person, it's fine.
If a publication can be understood to represent, contain, be part of
openSUSE, then they need approval.

'you should seek' is not really compulsory, is it? -> 'you need'

These are good suggestions. I think they resolve the problem. I'll incorporate
them in the draft and send another revision of the proposal.

--
Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx>