Re: [opensuse-project] Re: First Survey on openSUSE Version naming is open now
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 07:29:22PM +0100, C wrote:
On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 19:02, jdd wrote:
Le 15/03/2011 17:56, Jim Henderson a écrit :

Same here, I don't see a compelling reason to change, maybe just a
compelling reason to define what constitutes a major version number
increase.

you see... even you don't see that there are no major/minor difference...

Ha, and yet people still think that the openSUSE dot zero release is
"bad" and one to shy away from. If anything comes of this discussion,
I really hope it finds a way to squash that particular myth once and
for all...

There are so many myths and I don't know one which was proven right. But it
seems the myth that only odd number versions are stable got lost ;) However,
some of the myths have been repeated over the years and I simply ignore them
and everyone else should do that as well. Not to speak of basing decisions on
it...

--
Bye,

Stephan Barth

Novell Technical Services, Worldwide Support Services Linux
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuremberg