Re: [opensuse-project] Re: First Survey on openSUSE Version naming is open now
Le mardi 15 mars 2011 à 19:29 +0100, C a écrit :
On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 19:02, jdd wrote:
Le 15/03/2011 17:56, Jim Henderson a écrit :

Same here, I don't see a compelling reason to change, maybe just a
compelling reason to define what constitutes a major version number
increase.

you see... even you don't see that there are no major/minor difference...

Ha, and yet people still think that the openSUSE dot zero release is
"bad" and one to shy away from. If anything comes of this discussion,
I really hope it finds a way to squash that particular myth once and
for all...

Funny, at Mandriva, we had the exact same myths regarding .0 and .1
release (2009.0 vs 2009.1) : people were sure there were less bugs in .1
vs .0, even if there was the exact same amount of breakag^Wfeatures for
each new release.

I guess the only way to drop this feeling would be to use the "fedora"
way (because our release schedule of 8 months would cause "strange"
release number if using ubuntu scheme).

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Novell