Re: [opensuse-project] First Survey on openSUSE Version naming is open now
  • From: Joop Boonen <joop_boonen@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 22:01:18 +0100
On 03/15/2011 04:29 PM, Chuck Payne wrote:
On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Andreas Jaeger<aj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday, March 15, 2011 15:56:46 Kostas Koudaras wrote:
Voted too
Do we need an article or something about it in order to advertize that
to all or do we keep that inside the community?
I am willing to write something about it.
I think this is a project decision, so I would not advertize for worldwide
contribution by everybody. On the other hand, it's an open vote...

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany

Me too, though I wish we just keep numbering, it is a part of name,
like me change my last name from Payne to Smith.

I agree, also prefer the "old" numbering. It's in the SuSE genes since the start.

What I prefer is that the SuSE version would be in the package, then you can see right away for which SuSE version this package has been build.
Comparable to
Mandriva: bash-4.1-6mdv2010.1.i586.rpm
and
Fedora: bash-4.0.33-1.fc12.x86_64.rpm

The you can see right away for which distro and version it's build.