Re: [opensuse-project] First Survey on openSUSE Version naming is open now
On Tuesday, March 15, 2011 04:53:32 PM Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
On Tuesday 15 March 2011 12:15:56 Andreas Jaeger wrote:
Following up the discussions on what scheme to use for the openSUSE
version, I've created a survey:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZYC5PYZ

The survey is a bit limiting. I'm not able to express my preferences
there. E.g. I prefer a consecutive scheme over a date based one, but I
would rather have a good date based one than a bad consecutive one. I
also like the traditional scheme, but I don't like the cut-off for the
minor version number.

Maybe it would be better to just have one list of possible schemes, and
an additional text field for comments or alternative ideas.

I asked already for alternative ideas and enhanced it. If you have a good
idea that is completely different, please bring it up.

We will do a second voting.

Arranging the choices would be a good idea. But I doubt that the poll
module of connect.opensuse.org where we want to do this, is able to do this
- and I'm not sure about surveymonkey either,

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany